Skip to Content
Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin, LLC Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin, LLC
Call Us Today! 312-626-3585

Protecting the Rights of Consumers For Over 25 Years


Question: What can I do regarding erroneous credit reports? Credit bureaus have been issuing erroneous credit reports on me. They confuse my credit history with my brother’s.

Answer: Send a certified letter to each of the 3 major credit bureaus -- Equifax, Experian and Trans Union -- stating what the problem is and what entries on your report are not yours. Copy the furnishers of the erroneous information if possible. (There should be addresses for each on the credit report.) The bureaus have 30 days from receipt to contact the furnishers, investigate and act. If they do not clear up the problem, you probably will have to file suit against the bureaus and/or the furnishers.

We would normally take such a case on a contingency/ for the statutory fees, without out of pocket cost to you.

Share To: