Practice Areas at Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin, LLC
Chicago Consumer Rights Attorneys on Your Side
Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin, LLC advocates on behalf of consumers who have been wronged by creditors, advertisers, banks and lenders, collection agencies, car dealers, credit card issuers, and landlords.
Our Chicago consumer protection attorneys exclusively handle consumer protection cases and class action lawsuits. The vast majority of our clients seek answers to questions they have about consumer rights or unfair debt collection practices.
Do you have a consumer protection case on your plate? Request a free consultation with the lawyers at Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin, LLC by calling (312) 626-3585.
Are there errors on your credit report? The Fair Credit Reporting Act of 1970 protects your credit reporting rights by requiring that consumer reporting agencies furnish correct and complete information. Having an accurate credit report is important, especially when it comes to avoiding employment background check errors. ECLG can help protect your rights. We also represent clients in identity theft cases.
Cases involving debt collectors can be particularly complex as there are a variety of complicated laws surrounding the act of debt collection. If you are a debtor who is being pursued by a collector, you have rights – and ECLG can protect them while representing your best interest.
Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin, LLC can help you if:
- You are being harassed by a debt collector. There are strict regulations governing debt collection practices. Know your rights.
- You are being sued by a debt buyer. Debt buying is a fast-growing business. Often, these debts are found to be undocumented or illegally enforced by the debt buyer.
- Your car has been repossessed. You should be sent certain notices before your car is to be repossessed. You also should be aware of your rights when initially purchasing a car.
Mortgages & Payday Loans
The laws regarding high-interest loans and mortgages are quite complex – the average homeowner or borrower may not be aware of the many intricacies in the law. Make sure your rights are not violated by retaining the counsel of Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin, LLC.
ECLG can represent you if you:
- Have a problem with your mortgage. Disputes with mortgage lenders are best handled with the legal representation of a skilled Chicago consumer protection attorney.
- Are the victim of a predatory mortgage lender. We represent borrowers who have claims against lenders who have violated the Truth in Lending Act and other laws regulating credit transactions.
- Are having problems with a payday loan, title loan, or other high-interest loan. Under the federal Truth in Lending Act, all lenders – including payday loan companies – are required to disclose the true costs of a loan.
Other Consumer Protection Issues
If you are receiving unwanted telemarketing calls, junk faxes, text messages, and repeated calls on registered do not call numbers, you have the right to pursue legal action against the sender. The Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 and other laws regulate unwanted telemarketing calls and junk faxes. At ECLG, we have extensive experience helping consumers fight back against telemarketing companies and other unwanted communication.
Wage & Hour Class Action Cases
Are you entitled to unpaid overtime and other wages? Federal and state laws require payment of overtime (one and one-half times hourly wages) to all nonexempt employees. If you think your employer is not in compliance, you may have a wage claim. ECLG can provide the comprehensive representation you need and can help you resolve your case.
We Are Here to Help
The Chicago consumer protection lawyers at Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin, LLC are eager to help you with your case. If an individual or company has violated your rights, you deserve an aggressive and knowledgeable attorney to stand by your side. We handle many cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay no fee until we recover compensation for you.
To discuss your case during a free consultation, give us a call at (312) 626-3585.