Chicago Consumer Protection Resources
Helpful Links for Consumers
The Chicago consumer protection attorneys at Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin, LLC want to help you stay informed and educated about protecting yourself as a consumer. You have rights and we are here to make sure they are upheld. Below, you will find links to articles and organizations’ web pages that offer helpful information and advice about consumer law cases and consumer protection.
If you need legal assistance, please call (312) 626-3585 to schedule a free consultation with ECLG.
- Debt Buyer And Collection Litigation 2013
- The Best Defense is a Good Offense
- Illinois Consumer Law
- Zombie Debt Collection
- Fed up with junk faxes, some are sending back lawsuits
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Issues
Consumer Protection Organizations
The following organizations provide useful information and assistance to consumers:
- Prarie State Legal Services
- Administer Justice
- Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance
- National Association of Consumer Attorneys
- National Consumer Law Center
- Federal Trade Commission
- Illinois Attorney General Consumer Protection Division
- Lawyer’s Committee for Better Housing
- Legal Assistance Foundation of Metropolitan Chicago
- CARPLS – 1-800-738-9200 – CARPLS has a hotline and advice desks at the Richard J. Daley Center. They provide advice to people who are being sued or wish to file a small claims case.
- Clerk of the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois (Daley Center) – If you are being sued in a collection, foreclosure, or eviction case, you can look up information about the status of the case at this site.)
- 18th Judicial Circuit Court Web Site (DuPage County) – Individuals being sued in DuPage County can also use the following site to locate information about their case.
- 19th Judicial Circuit Court Web Site (Lake County)
- Will County Circuit Court
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Federal Court, Dirksen Building)
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Illinois Supreme Court
- American Bar Association Guide to Finding Legal Help
- Cook County Recorder of Deeds Office
- Central District of Illinois
- Southern District of Illinois