Loss of Payment by Mortgage Servicer

Question: What can we do ifour mortgage servicer lost our payment 7 months ago? We sent the payment in but it was not credited. I provided a trace number showing the payment was cashed and deposited in their account, just not credited to our account. The mortgage servicer has continued to charge fees and report to credit bureaus that we have missed payments.What should we do?

Answer: Send a letter labelled “qualified written request” with the account number to the correspondence address on the monthly statement setting forth your compliant.

Send a written dispute to each credit bureau showing the account is late, with a copy to the mortgage company, also setting forth your complaint.

If it is not corrected within 30 days, you may have to file suit.