Skip to Content
Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin, LLC Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin, LLC
Call Us Today! 312-626-3585

Protecting the Rights of Consumers For Over 25 Years


Question: What can I do if I am being harassed by a collections agency? A year ago, I got a bill from a hospital. I made a verbal agreement with hospital to pay $200 with no interest which I’ve been doing every single month. The account was transferred to a collector which is harassing me to pay off the balance more quickly. What are my rights and obligations?

Answer: Inform the collector in writing of the agreement and that you do not want any further contact. Use means that provides proof of receipt (fax, certified mail, etc.). If they continue harassing you, file suit under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. We would undertake such a case without charge to you, for the statutory attorney’s fees available against the defendant.

Share To: