Skip to Content
Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin, LLC Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin, LLC
Call Us Today! 312-626-3585

Protecting the Rights of Consumers For Over 25 Years


Question: What happens if I can’t pay a judgment? I have a judgment entered against me for $1600. I don’t own anything significant. My only income is Social Security disability. Is there a way to end this?

Answer: The judgment creditor is entitled to have you come into court and state under oath the facts regarding your assets and income. Generally you do not have to do this more than once, unless a court determines that there is good cause for another examination. If you are summoned for such an examination you are required to comply with the instructions on the court papers.

Share To: