Skip to Content
Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin, LLC Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin, LLC
Call Us Today! 312-626-3585

Protecting the Rights of Consumers For Over 25 Years


Question: If I can’t afford to pay my jeep payments, and would like to return it as a voluntary repo, would they still make me pay it either way?

Answer: Yes. They will sell it at an auction for much less than its real value, then sue you for the deficiency. My suggestion would be to sell the vehicle yourself, or perhaps trade it for a cheaper one, so that you get the best value. If you sell it, they have to agree to release their security interest; if they refuse, you may have a good defense to a deficiency action in whole or in part if it is repossessed and sold for less than you could have gotten.

Share To: