You may be entitled to a refund when you trade a car in

When they buy a car on time, many people get products such as extended service contracts/ warranties, GAP protection (covers you if the car is totalled and you owe more than the value of the car), credit insurance, and the like.  If you trade in or pay off the debt before the end of the contract, GAP coverage, or insurance policy, you are probably entitled to a refund for the unexpired portion.  Make sure that you get the refund, either in cash or as a credit on a new purchase.  Do not assume that a dealer will notify the issuer and get a refund. They get commissions on these products and may have to return a portion if it is cancelled.  Con tact us if you believe you are entitled to a refund, or have problems getting it.