Chicago Consumer Protection Lawyer
Tara L. Goodwin is a graduate of the University of Chicago (B.A., with general honors, 1988) and Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., with high honors, 1991). She joined the firm in 1991 and became a partner in 2000. Ms. Goodwin was Chair of the Chicago Bar Association’s Consumer Law Committee from 2007 – 2010, and has also served as the Vice Chair and Chair of the Chicago Bar Association’s Legislative Committee. She has previously been on the faculty of the Practicing Law Institute’s Consumer Financial Services Institute in Chicago, speaking on issues relating to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and mortgage litigation. Ms. Goodwin spoke at the 2016 Conference on Consumer Finance Law on mortgage servicing issues. She has also been a frequent speaker at the Chicago Bar Association, speaking on topics such as how to assist consumers with credit reporting problems.
Ms. Goodwin is admitted in the Seventh, First, and D.C. Circuit Courts of Appeals, and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois and the Northern District of Indiana. She is a member of the Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar.
- Illinois, 1991
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2004
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1998
Honors & Awards
- Illinois Super Lawyers®, 2008 – 2009
Contact Edelman Combs Latturner & Goodwin, LLC today by calling (312) 626-3585.